Sheryl’s Blog – News, Reviews & Muse
Established Kids & YA author with a weakness for shoes, books, gardens & grandchildren.
|3RD ANNUAL FBCW SHORT FICTION CONTEST OPENS
Note: There is a correction in the url provided yesterday for submissions.
April 1, 2020
Submissions are open for the Federation of BC Writers’ 3rd annual BC short fiction contest, this year showcasing British Columbia and Yukon writing talent. Author, speaker and mentor, Eileen Cook (eileencook.com) will judge the 2020 BC & Yukon Short Fiction Contest (formerly known as the BC Short).
Sponsored by the FBCW, the BC & Yukon Short Fiction Contest is a competition for original, unpublished short stories by British Columbia and Yukon writers. There is no theme. The word length is 1,200-1,500 words. Stories must be written in English.
PRIZE: First prize is $350 and a year ’s FBCW membership.
· $10 for FBCW members.
· $20 for Non-Members.*
· One story per entry.
· All submissions must be made online through Submittable. Please go to fbcw.submittable.com/submit
· The name of the entrant must not appear anywhere on the entry itself.
· Work must be original and not previously published.
· Submissions only accepted in MS Word, PDF or RTF format, in Times New Roman 12 Point font.
· The decision of the Judge is final.
· Staff and Board members of the FBCW and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
The deadline for submissions is midnight, PST, April 30, 2020.
Finalists will be announced on FBCW Facebook and Social media on May 21.The winner will be announced on the FBCW social media on May 31, 2020. The winning entry will be published in WordWorks 2020 #2, the magazine of the Federation of BC Writers.
For more information, you can contact Ann Graham Walker at email@example.com